Trying to do this above ground pool the right way from the beginning!

KellyJo

Mar 31, 2020
Lebanon, Mo
I am brand new to above ground pool, but I am looking to buy one fairly quickly and put a nice big deck around it. I just finished building my new house last year and left a nice gravel/clay area lol for it. I am looking to see what you guys think is the best one to put in? I may put a tad bit of it in the ground if it all works out, but I do not have to. I need help designing the deck around it also. I have heard alot about Doughboy but didn't know if they are still the go to pool in todays world? I would like a nice size oval pool. Thank You for helping a girl out.

Doughboy makes a good pool. There are a lot of good pools out there. If you are going to do it yourself, Pool Factory . com and Royal Swimming Pools have some good pools to choose from. You can go to poolfactory and put in what you want (shape and size, if you plan to use a swg, if you plan to put it in the ground at all) and the pools they recommend will come up. If you are hiring to have it installed, then just check the local pool stores and see what they have. In my area, most of the pools sold at the pool store had names I'd never heard of.

There are deck plans and ideas all over pinterest, and builds on youtube. Good luck with your project. I'm currently in the leveling of the ground phase of my pool for this year. Lots of work, but worth it!

Just wanted to tell you that you may or may not get shipments. I ordered from poolsupplyworld which sells pools. I bought mine 6 years ago... I purchased supplies to do a new liner and recieved the items (I did a small shipment to see if I'd get it and I did). Turned around and bought a new liner and they are shut down. So just know... if you purchase something right now, especially online, you may not see it for a long time.

Reactions: scout123
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.