Trying to decide which pool finish to use

Nschneepy

May 9, 2020
Bay Area, CA
Hello! Hoping to get some opinions/advice as we choose our pool finish. Our pool contractor recommended Finest Finish’s micro fusion series, which we would do in French Grey or Midnight. However, our friends have a new pool that has Quartzscapes, and we love the smooth finish vs the pebble texture. Our contractor doesn’t use that brand, so he recommended Finest Finish Island series (but is not as strong and may have staining, plus I’m afraid would look more plain, like a commercial pool) or Arctic Coast (right texture but more $- not thrilled with the idea of adding cost at this point).

My question is, do I need to worry about the micro fusion pebbles being hard on the feet? Is Arctic Coast worth the extra money? Or should I find a different plaster company (my contractor said we could do this) and go for Quartzscape or Hydrazzo? I’m worried about putting in a pebble finish when we know we don’t love that feel. Thank you for any thoughts you might have!

Welcome to TFP.

If you don't love the feel of pebble then you should look at a quartz surface. It is not for everyone and it was not for me.

You may find information here useful about how to get a quality plaster job. The quality of the crew and the weather you get on the day you plaster is more important then the materials you select.

Hello! Hoping to get some opinions/advice as we choose our pool finish. Our pool contractor recommended Finest Finish’s micro fusion series, which we would do in French Grey or Midnight. However, our friends have a new pool that has Quartzscapes, and we love the smooth finish vs the pebble texture. Our contractor doesn’t use that brand, so he recommended Finest Finish Island series (but is not as strong and may have staining, plus I’m afraid would look more plain, like a commercial pool) or Arctic Coast (right texture but more $- not thrilled with the idea of adding cost at this point).

My question is, do I need to worry about the micro fusion pebbles being hard on the feet? Is Arctic Coast worth the extra money? Or should I find a different plaster company (my contractor said we could do this) and go for Quartzscape or Hydrazzo? I’m worried about putting in a pebble finish when we know we don’t love that feel. Thank you for any thoughts you might have!
Curious as to what you decided as this was a question back I may. We are still researching Finest Finish's micro fusion or Arctic or Stonescapes micro finish. We are at a very early stage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.