Tru-Tile ?

rkgdmd

Nov 25, 2007
Rockland County, NY
Hello All....Great site here with some real knowledgable people!

After years of nagging by my wife I finally gave in this fall and we started our pool project. We are up to selecting the vinyl liner and while browsing the catalogs I came across a product in the Kafko catalog called Tru-Tile. Basically this system allows you to use a genuine 6 inch ceramic tile border with a vinyl liner below. This seems like such a neat idea, but I could find very little info on the web. Anybody have any experience with this product? I haven't had a chance to ask my builder about it due to the long holiday weekend, but I'd rather get some input from somebody other than the guy who might want to sell it to me. Thanks for the time.

Rob

Hi Rob,
Welcome to TFP! Have little info to add but someone will hopefully be by to lend an opinion.

If you have some pics of the pool build then post them. We would love to see your pool.

Hi, Rob,

Welcome to the forum. My pool is built that way. Ceramic at the waterline and vinyl below. I didn't use the system your speaking of but rather did the work myself......pretty simple, really.

That said, mine is a concrete pool....sounds like yours might have steel,plastic or fibreglass walls. If yours is going to be concrete, I can help.

I know there is a place to post pool build pics, but since you asked, here are a few. Thanks for the interest.

This is what we started with:

Unfortunately the whole dig consisted of about only 20 lbs of "dirt". The rest was solid blue granite. :cry:

Two solid days with the rock hammer and we have a hole! :-D

Here is what we have as of early last week:

We picked this builder because he was very creative with his vinyl pool designs. I have seen many "Roman" style pools, but I had never quite seen one exactly like mine. Love the concrete steps and swimout as opposed to the steel steps all the other builders offered.

Rob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.