Troubleshooting Water Loss...

dhabe

May 1, 2018
Lebanon, Ohio
Last year was my first year with our pool and I had to run the hose for about 30 mins everyday or every other day due to water loss. Pool held water level over winter. Also seemed to hold water level when I filled it a few days before opening. Now everything is running and it is losing water. Halfway up the skimmers last night and the skimmers were sucking for water tonight. It was only 70 degrees and overcast today so not evaporation.

I am thinking there is a leak around the skimmers/drains or possibly in the plumbing back to the pump and filter. I was thinking about having a pool company epoxy/caulk around the skimmers but not even sure that's the source. Any other suggestions to help pinpoint?

Process of elimination. Ads chlorine and brush it in for a few days with no pump running at all. See if it stays. If so its plumbing wise. If it drops let it keep dropping til it stops. That narrows it down alot. It's a pain to be patient

Your initial description seems like water loss on the pressure side to me. Water remains stable when the system is off. But each time you had the pool open and system "on", water dropped. Please update your signature with all of your pool info and equipment so we can better understand your set-up. If you have underground plumbing, it's usually not all that common to have a leak underground, however you have a new pool, so that may call into question an installation issue. Adding water for 30 min each day last fall seems a bit excessive to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.