Troubleshooting blinking power light.

Jun 5, 2016
Whiting, Iowa
I have a tiger river spa, bengal model, not sure on the year, believe it’s an 07, the tubs jets will run for 5-10 minutes and heater will get hot, then everything powers down and power light starts blinking, I had this happen last winter and it froze up, we had a power outage and it froze up over night (we get into the -10...-20 range in Jan) I used portable heaters to thaw out rubber tubing, and get things working again. Fought the issue until spring basically just trying to keep the darn thing from breaking, in may got it drained down lines cleared and the refilled, etc and didn’t have an issue all summer. We were
going to be gone for a significant amount of time this fall so i drained the spa, closed it up and blew out all the lines etc, put antifreeze in the stand pipe. I refilled the hot tub last week and it seemed fine but today it was cold again.. i got it to circulate (filters are left out), but it started doing the 5-10 minute runs with blinking power light again. I’ve scene some online info about replacing the heater, it gets hot so I’m not sure if that is he issue, I’m just looking for any advise before I start dropping Benjamin’s on parts I may or may not need.

Update, any ideas/input would be appreciated...:
tonight I reset breakers, started jets on low, set temp to 102, power light stayed on and heater appeared to be working until I turned the jets off, (about 7-8 min run time) after jets were down there was a ticking/bubbling noise near the filter standpipe and the power light started blinking again. Once again thanks and any advise is
appreciated, just trying to avoid freezing it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.