Troubleshooting a Jandy LXi heater

Marc-Y

Oct 23, 2020
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Hello All,

I'm new to pools and this is my first post!

I'm an engineer so I am reasonably handy.

My new home came with a Jandy LXi gas heater model LXI400N manufactured in 2014. The display says the water temperature is 114 degrees when the water is 80 degrees.

The obvious problem is a faulty thermistor. But I tested it and it reads 9.31K Ohms, so the problem is not the thermistor. My only other thought is a faulty controller board.

That part is expensive, so I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions before I go out and replace it.

Also, it looks like there is a second generation board out there, and my unit has a first generation board (the chip on the board says 4.3). Is there any problem putting a second generation board in my heater?

Thanks!

Hello All,

I'm new to pools and this is my first post!

I'm an engineer so I am reasonably handy.

My new home came with a Jandy LXi gas heater model LXI400N manufactured in 2014. The display says the water temperature is 114 degrees when the water is 80 degrees.

The obvious problem is a faulty thermistor. But I tested it and it reads 9.31K Ohms, so the problem is not the thermistor. My only other thought is a faulty controller board.

That part is expensive, so I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions before I go out and replace it.

Also, it looks like there is a second generation board out there, and my unit has a first generation board (the chip on the board says 4.3). Is there any problem putting a second generation board in my heater?

Thanks!
I’m having the same issue. Let me know if you find a solution. I replaced my high and low limit sensors and reset sensor switch and some brass nuds now I got my heater blower to turn on for 15 seconds then it turns off but still stated temp sensor service light I know my problem is with either a bad connection or maybe I need a new board but yes it’s expensive and original board is discontinued. Also in your case there are other 2 temp sensor one reads the air and the other one goes into a pipe and reads the pool temp Maybe that one is telling your system the pool temp is hot when in fact it’s not. I’m also going to test my theory.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.