ccgrist

Mar 30, 2019
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an A&A Quikpure ozone light installed on the suction side of my 13K gallon pool/spa
I have been fighting the check valve in the line. I noticed I wasn’t seeing “tiny ozone bubbles” anymore, like I did when system was first installed a year ago. I investigated to realize that the check valve ball seemed to be stuck and when looking at the ozone generator side of it, I could see “white stuff” in there. I chipped it out and blamed it on some stone mason work we had done that generated a lot of dust several months ago.
After cleaning it, I could feel suction again coming from that side and when all put back together I can feel a slight vibration when pump was running full speed, which led me to believe the check valve was working again.
Fast forward a few weeks later and it stopped again....no suction. I ordered a new check valve assembly (A&A OEM part) and installed, and was back to working (suction again and vibrating when pump at full speed)....but after a few more weeks it stopped again!! Wtf?. Anybody familiar with these things? Any trick to keep the check ball freed up so air can flow?

I have removed check valve and just put a straight union there with a ball valve but it’s sucking way too much air now and also allows system to suck air in when shut down, so is clearly not a good option

Any experts in here with advice or suggestion for me?

PS- I’ve tried to call A&A but the receptionist told me there was no “tech support”

I would bet that your water chemistry is the same now as when the unit was “working.” That implies the units are worthless, which the general consensus at TFP is…

The beauty of "blue smoke and mirror" devices like UV and Ozone is that they pretty much do the same thing whether they are working or not. They are an expensive substitute for simply using a little more chlorine. Read up our pool school links on the left edge of the site and hopefully we can guide you to a MUCH better pool experience.

Here's a good article that explains a few things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.