Trouble shooting Sta Rite Maxi Therm Heater

AnthonyB012

Oct 15, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
I have a sta rite max e therm pool Hester. The issue is the Hester fires and tests up but periodically I notice the pool isn’t warm so I go to the heater and it’s not firing snd is reading water temp / service heater light is on but none of the buttons will do anything so I have to reset it from the Breaker. It than fires right back up and cycles from service heater to heating. The operation panel was replaced by my pool company last fall snd just last week in an attempt to fix this issue replaced a thermistor ( not sure which one ) I’ve clesned but off basic connections with wire brush. The only error code I only got was twice abs it’s A56 . This happens about 3-5 times a week sporadically. Tech says units in great shape and I am not original owner so not sure how old the unit is. My thirst thought was thermal regulator or water flow switch but I don’t want to just toss money at a partial educated guess.

Any thoughts

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.