Trouble Obtaining Sodium Hypoclorite

Aug 22, 2015
Columbia, SC
Good Morning:

Talked with our supplier today, and he can get us only 4 bottles of sodium hypochlorite this month. We have a budget of $150 per month for that pool. We have one pool at the complex at 100 ppm CYA. The other pool is at 30 CYA and chlorinated with TriChlor pucks, so it is not a problem.

Where can we source liquid chlorine in the central SC area?

I called around and a Walmart, Leslie’s, Grainger, Home Depot, and Lowe’s are all out or have limits. Leslie’s said they can sell us two bottles. They suggest we buy TriChlor shock, but that would raise our CYA... besides, we already have plenty of TriChlor shock and CalHypo shock...

Our calcium hardness is about 125.

We are at 9 ppm free chlorine with 1 ppm combined chlorine? Ph is 7.4

Use cal-hypo until you can get more Liquid Chlorine. You could also work on bringing down the CYA with water exchange

Use cal-hypo until you can get more Liquid Chlorine. You could also work on bringing down the CYA with water exchange

Yes. I am vacuuming to waste every other day. It is an apartment complex pool. I had the CYA at a perfect 30 ish, then the pool company came to open it, which is something I was already working on.

The property manager relayed we drained down the pool and replaced a lot of water...

Anyway they added a ton of CYA liquid and it ended up around 100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.