Trouble keeping Intex Easy Set Ring Inflated

This is my second year with my 15'x36" ring pool. After storing it, I tore a few holes in the ring. I was able to patch but the patch leaked a few times. Then a bird landed on my ring and put a hole in it (the day we had a truck fill it with water). Half the water came out. I patch it and so far so good. I was debating to get another one because I'm so paranoid about the ring puncturing. I've read all the posts about using PCV pipes but a few friends said that they don't blow the ring up all the way. Make sure there is just enough to keep the pool afloat. They even let their dogs in the pool. Never had any issues with holes. Since my pool has so many holes with patches, it deflates a little each night but always has enough in there. I'm staring to believe them. Just a thought. Good news is I am tossing this one at the end of the summer and I found an Intex 15'x48" online with EVERTHING included for $180. SCORE!

I had the same problem multiple leaks in top ring on my Intex pool I ended up cutting the ring open filling them with pool noodles inside ,then the outside bottom layer with a ring of slightly bigger noodles . doesn't look that pretty but it's doing the job just wanted to share ..

Attachments

• 1563459095634147312482.jpg
    1563459095634147312482.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 67
I am on my third pool, only from leaking air ring, determined to find the leaks this time. Spray bottle, water and Dawn dish soap, dawn sticks to the vinyl longer and make nice bubbles.
Patience is the key, one foot area at a time and watch closely. I found three holes, very very tiny, what could have caused a hole that tiny ? All I could figure was a bee sting, sounds crazy but bees are attracted, all holes were on top.
I'm gonna apply insect repellent on air ring this year, worth a try.

We are one of the families who decided to get the kids a 18' x 48" Intex Easy Up pool during our COVID-19 quarantine summer. We had a similar problem to many of you above with air leaking out and hundreds of gallons draining out. We tried different patching methods, using flex seal tape or gorilla waterproof heavy duty tape (which I prefer), etc. Our hole turned into a tear, which eventually turned into a L shaped gash. We patched it from the inside and then outside (like a sandwich) and that held for quite a few weeks. We thought we had the solution! Alas, at the most inopportune times, we would come home to a deflated pool ring, and as much as 1000 gallons drained out :-( It just wouldn't hold air. It was a struggle, heartbreaking for us and the kids, and frustrating to say the least. What would be a better solution?? We had to make this pool work for at least the rest of this summer, and upgrade to an Intex Ultra XTR steel frame pool next year. We scoured the internet, reading people's suggestions, etc. We came across many who used pool noodles, so we thought about doing that too. We decided to do a hefty ring of 7 noodles (4' each) and duct taped them together and inserted them into the inflatable ring portion. We wanted to have something substantial so even if there was not any air in the chamber, it would still look somewhat full and provide buoyancy - oh and be durable for two 11&13 yr old boys and their buddies. It wasn't necessarily the cheapest option - we used appx 100 noodles purchased from the dollar store. The end result is pretty good! The ring stays up, looks ok,d water stays in, kids are happy and so are we. Here are some photos of what we did:

IMG_6619.jpgIMG_6620.jpgIMG_6622.jpgIMG_6623.jpgIMG_6636.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6618.jpg
    IMG_6618.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have a 10 foot pop up, inflated ring pool. I have had it for six years, since i only use it for summer. I found my leaks using food coloring. My sister told me that it was a lot of mini holes. Due to birds, and anything found in a backyard.
My final solution was to forfeit the inflation parr of the equation. I recycled the gallon jugs of windshield wiper fluid, and the like. I cut the ring open in two spots, basically the center, so it was two halves, I used flex seal tape to reinforce the cut vynil and the area closest to the pool liner. I began filling the ring with the bouyant plastic bottles, as full as I could and then sealed the cut openings with flex seal tape. It worked fantastically well, and I never had to refill with air again. To pack it up, I just cut open my patches and removed the jugs. A little more work, and sustainable use of recycled jugs. My family has enjoyed the pool and more permenant fix to a inflation issue. One could also try using corrugated drainage pipe and one connector as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.