TriVac 700 stuck in corner

ssanto

May 12, 2021
Leander, TX
Hi,

I've got a TriVac 700 that continually gets stuck in the same corner. I pull it out of the water and it cycles between blowing out the back for about a minute, and then a 5 second burst out the front.

I read in the manual that cold water makes the supply hose less flexible and the vac gets more easily stuck. I followed the suggestions of adding the nozzle extension in the front and removing the rear sweep hose. No improvement. One point worth noting was that it was always getting stuck in that same corner during the summer but would eventually get out. Now it's just a bit worse.

I think the problem is the angle of the corner and the way the machine backs up. Hard to describe but it's where the pool steps meet the edge of the pool and the shape of the pool edge is curved there. Since the reverse thruster is at an angle, it tries to back out of the corner like a car backing up with the steering wheel turned to the left. But that makes it back into the side of the pool. And then it thrusts forward again which makes the angle worse and it just gets stuck.

I think the solution is to shorten the supply hose so that the vacuum can no longer reach that corner. Just wanted to run it by the experts here first. The troubleshooting steps don't mention shortening the hose for this situation... but it feels warranted.

Thanks!

So I looked up the manual for this pressure side cleaner and if I'm reading correctly it just mentions what you've done- remove the Sweep Hose.

Another option would be to try it with both a shortened hose and longer hose, to see what works???

Maybe it is the cold water making the hose less limber?

Is this a new purchase? If you ever decide to simplify try a robot instead.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.