West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So the Tristar VS pump plus the Omni automation bundle is on sale at the local PinchaPenny. Including the rebate from Hayward I can get the whole thing including installation for about $2000 (without the valve actuators). Since it is installed by one of their dealers it will come with a 4 year warranty.

The automation will control my heater which is Hayward. Turn my SWG on and off. It will also run 2 actuators.

Here is the problem, I need 4 actuators, but I don’t need them to run independently. When I turn on one of the actuators I don’t mind if two go in the same direction. So in theory I can double up.

Will the board be able to drive two actuators from the same port or will that be too much of a load. I could have the port also fire off another relay with a separate power supply but them I am just a few steps from building my own automation system anyway. It would be awesome if I could just splice 2 together and be done with it.

2K is cheap enough (with a pretty good VS pump) where I don’t have to bother making a whole DIY automation system (which would have been fun to do, but a lot of my time).

Aren't there 4 actuator outputs for that controller? I believe you can slave them in logic instead of connecting them directly. But from everything I have read, it is not a good idea to put them in tandem.

This is the one that comes with the 950 pump. It looks like it only has 2 actuator outputs. Don’t know if I will overload it if I hook 2 to 1.

Attachments

• A498146C-E8C8-4669-83A4-B5B2B4E015C3.jpeg
    A498146C-E8C8-4669-83A4-B5B2B4E015C3.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 8
Yea, that looks like only two. They are driven by relays but I am not sure if the relays can support more current that what one actuator would draw. If you contacted Hayward, they would probably say no.

Stick to spec's on your relays and actuators. If you burn-up something or short out XYZ, you're out the cost of everything. Your best option is to use link them via logic vs hardwiring them or reconfigure your design

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.