Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well, we've been back from Pensacola for a week. The show (Brit Floyd) was magnificent. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't fallen in the bathroom the first night and banged up both ankles! Luckily we had the wheelchair along, so my son pushed me from parking to the Saenger theatre. In the rain. Warm, p*ssing down rain. But we had excellent seats, and the show was faaaaaantastic!!!

Went to the doc the Tuesday after we got back for X-Rays, nothing broken. I have an appt with the ortho this Tuesday, we'll see what he says.

Last Thurs I felt like I had a bad cold. Since I had been to what amounted to a Super Spreader event, I took a Covid test and it was STRONGLY positive. So I've been feeling like h*ll since then.

Looks like my swim season is, once again, done before it started. Bah. :rant:

U just need a good floatie & an electrolyte drink in your hand while u soak up all that much needed vitamin d! Leave the pool work to the minions though- & the house work 🧹 too! You gotta work on your speedy recovery with self care! Hopefully no boot for u - that ankle stuff is rough. Sending good vibes for your appointment.

Ugh I cringe anytime I hear about a hurt ankle. I hope your recovery is super smooth and quick!

Both my niece and nephew got COVID from their prom a couple weeks ago. Felt bad for 2 days (mild) and within 5 days were better. Over all symptoms in under a week. Their parents didn't get it at all from them. Good luck hopefully you experience the same!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am glad to hear it is getting better! I was OH SO tired when I got it in Oct of2020. That was really all the symptoms. Tim was :shock: when he walked in to see me taking a nap!!! Poor thing. It scared him to death but that was all I needed to make it through the day.

• Love
Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Whoops, I caught this late, and its probably too late now, but get a prescription for Paxlovid. Makes a huge difference. Need to get it within 5 days of symptoms.

Hope you feel better very soon. Sounds like you got the same symptoms hubby and I had. I tested positive May 13. Took about 4 weeks before we felt like we were all better, but I have to admit that we still get disproportionately tired when we do something strenuous. Last week we took our 7 yr old granddaughter to a ropes course and we were completely wiped. Oh, and the taste from Paxlovid is just gross. Continuous diet of hard candy helped.

Just an update: DH and son are over the Creeping Covid Crud, but I'm not. Got to feeling so bad this AM that I got DH to take me to the ER. After 6 hours on one of those vicious gurneys, no lunch, and no treatment besides 1 liter saline IV push, they decided I wasn't sick enough to admit. I can understand, they have to save rooms for the people who really need them.

So I went home with a script for more doxycycline, more dexamethasone, and a round of Remdesivir, to be given Tuesday I think -- I have to make the appt Monday.

So that's my Covid story to date.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
I'm so sorry you're still not feeling well. It destroyed my husband and ultimately killed him as some of you may know. I've never seen someone so sick. Please take care of yourself and if you need to go back to the hospital then GO! Get well soon.

Reactions: Mdragger88
My condolences, Casey. I knew he died but didn't know it was the Covid. Again, I'm so sorry.

They told me this AM they don't do Remdesivir on an outpatient basis, I'd have to be admitted, so I've contacted the various docs to see what they want to to do. They'll do monoclonal antibodies outpatient, but not Remdesivir.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.