Corpus Christi
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
Hello, I have tried to find this answer but maybe I'm just not searching correctly. Is there a certain time to wait to add Trichlor tablets after shocking with calcium hypochlorite. Is it just based on levels. I am not able to get the chlorinator open so we have just been using the skimmer basket. seems like it takes 2 days for the tablet to break down.

Hey BP and Welocme !!! Cal-hypo adds Calcium and Tabs add CYA. Neither is sustainable over time and will either cause scaling of the calcium, or unsterilized water, on its way to becoming a swamp.

Anywho, we'd live to help you be your own pools pro. Read away and fire off any questions.

Oh yeah, to answer your question, it's simply good practice to circulate any addition for 20 mins before adding something else. Never EVER mix different forms of Chlorine outside of the pool. (Tabs/shock/bleach). If a common bucket is used to store or dillite them, make absolutely sure it is well cleaned in-between when changing types. It may explode and cause chemical burns. Once it goes in the pool, give it 20 mins to mix and then the other kind goes in.

Hey BP and Welocme !!! Cal-hypo adds Calcium and Tabs add CYA. Neither is sustainable over time and will either cause scaling of the calcium, or unsterilized water, on its way to becoming a swamp.

Anywho, we'd live to help you be your own pools pro. Read away and fire off any questions.

Oh yeah, to answer your question, it's simply good practice to circulate any addition for 20 mins before adding something else. Never EVER mix different forms of Chlorine outside of the pool. (Tabs/shock/bleach). If a common bucket is used to store or dillite them, make absolutely sure it is well cleaned in-between when changing types. It may explode and cause chemical burns. Once it goes in the pool, give it 20 mins to mix and then the other kind goes in.
Thank you, just using them for now as that's all that we have, ordering a SWCG on Monday

Reactions: kul and Newdude
just using them for now as that's all that we have, ordering a SWCG on Monday
Awesome. Apologies for assuming. But you have to understand, we get a few new members a day, sometimes a few dozen a day, trying to use the pucks and shock that the pool store sold them in a more sustainable way. Or trying to clear their swamp with the same products that got them there in the first place.

Anywho, we've seen a bazillion SWG installs and many of us are well versed in them. We are here if you need us.

Awesome. Apologies for assuming. But you have to understand, we get a few new members a day, sometimes a few dozen a day, trying to use the pucks and shock that the pool store sold them in a more sustainable way. Or trying to clear their swamp with the same products that got them there in the first place.

Anywho, we've seen a bazillion SWG installs and many of us are well versed in them. We are here if you need us.
No harm. I didn't state that I was switching in the post. If it weren't for this page I probably would of used up all of the tablets before switching.

Reactions: kul
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.