Trench Drain repair

tedbundrick

Apr 24, 2019
Lafayette
We have an in-ground trench drain that spans about 20’ or roughly the length of our pool. The drain cap is white plastic with holes and maybe an inch or two across. It’s a haven for weeds and needs attention. The cap does not just come off. Not really sure how to start over without tearing up concrete? Is there any good guidance out there for replacing this myself?

Search Deck Drain Janitor online. It's a company based in Florida, just did mine last weekend. My drain is over 30ft long, every other method i tried left a large center section (6-8+ft) plugged up. I put their insert nearly centered and was able to flush both toward both ends.

Can you show us a pic of those drains?? They should let you pull the cover up and allow you to clean out the channel?
Mud and such let small weeds grow in them and you may have to use a small tool to dig the trench out and water blast channel clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.