Albany NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We have grubs in the lawn around our pool. Normally I don’t have the lawn inside the fence treated by the pool so that it doesn’t impact the pool chemistry but in order to save this lawn (which was new sod last year, so I really don’t want to have to replant a new lawn), it will have to be treated. What am I looking for in terms of pool chemistry to make sure the pool isn’t harmed?

As long as they don’t dump the chemicals into the pool and are careful, then you’ll be fine. If they’re idiots and spray chemicals into the pool, then fire them. I had a weed company do that - the tech was a moron and sprayed weed killer across my pool because he was too lazy to open the gate and walk over to the other side. I fired them the next day.

You can always buy a large tarp and cover the pool.

Thank you! Fortunately the lawn is only on two sides of the pool (other sides are rock landscaping) although I wouldn’t put it past anyone to spray across.

Finally, something I help someone with since I'm new to TFP. I know how to keep a great lawn. This link is to a great article on how to get rid of grubs. Make sure you read the part about what to treat with depending on the season. It makes a world of difference. Sorry I couldn't answer your question.
Good luck,
Dusty

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.