Travertine on pool shelf

corey.barber

Jul 2, 2021
I am considering using the same travertine slabs as my coping for the swim shelf and entry step treads in my pool. I have seen pics on Pinterest of it being used for entry steps and shelves. Info online is mixed. Some say yes it’s okay some say no it won’t hold up. I am not in a climate where freeze thaw is an issue and plan to do salt system. Other pool interior surfaces will be glass tile. Does anyone have first hand experience on this?

Welcome to TFP :)

The answer is "it depends"

I have not done it but I have been researching tile installs and from what I have come across you can install Travertine the same exact way as tile... As long as the same layers are there the travertine will stay attached and last just like tile will.. It is all about the install..

It may get pitted so in a 100 years it may need to be replaced.. :)

Here is how to install it, It is exactly the same as tile.. In the PDF you can see the many products you can use to accomplish the install...

1625309683306.png

Attachments

• OGT-Pool-Water-Feature-Installation.pdf
    809 KB · Views: 0
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.