Travertine Deck with no coping

hosseisemi

Oct 20, 2020
Montgomery, TX
I'm looking for input, and photos, on a idea to eliminate coping and take the travertine deck to the edge of the pool. Currently the plan was to use a travertine coping to 'picture frame' the pool but we are now thinking about just eliminating the coping altogether and carrying the Versaille pattern to the edge of the pool so that it looks like the pool is a cutout from the deck. Thoughts, concerns?

I'm not sure if I can comment on eliminating coping all together, but why not just get a travertine coping that matches your travertine decking. That is what we did:

Full3.jpg

Decking works a few different ways. Two are:

- Where the deck meets the coping, and there is an expansion joint between the two.

- The deck extends over the pool, and there is an expansion joint under the deck, on top of the pool.

An expansion joint is necessary, either way, because the deck and pool can expand and contact slightly, but differently. The joint allows that to happen without the movement causing any damage to pool or deck.

Study up on the difference between the various types of decks, to see if that affects your decision at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.