Total Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024 Monday.

The diameter of the sun is about 400 times larger than the diameter of the moon, which means that the cross sectional area of the sun is about 160,000 times larger than the cross sectional area of the moon.
According to a dude named Neil the grass Tyson the reason that the moon perfectly covers the sun is because the sun is 400 times farther away, so it appears the same size as the noon.

It seems like a pretty big coincidence, but Neil is an astrology expert, so maybe he knows.

The diameter of the sun is about 400 times larger than the diameter of the moon, which means that the cross sectional area of the sun is about 160,000 times larger than the cross sectional area of the moon.

However, the eclipse people claim that the moon will completely block the sun.

The moon can only block 1/160,000 of the sun, so you probably will not be able to even see any difference.
For a just a second I almost had a breakdown when I read that. It was written with such confidence just like how this young lady stated her point. She is supposed to help support my social security down the road, yikes. Her high school should be closed for malpractice!!!

Reactions: JamesW
The BIG DAY (aka the large day).

This is it folks, the Total Solar Eclipse.

It will be the most spectacular sight ever witnessed on the face of the earth.

Women and Children will faint; grown men will weep.

The Clockwork Universe revealed in an instant.

Mostly, it’s a shadow, so I am not sure what the big deal is.

Reactions: Newdude
And it’s a shadow that happens all the time … it’s just happening in places where most humans aren’t found. The cool part is that we are in a Saros cycle where eclipses are getting longer and longer … we might actually get up to 5 mins of solar shade by the end of the century.

Personally speaking I think an umbrella works better …

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Being impatient as ever, I'm just blinking reallllllllly slow all day and getting TONS of eclipses. :goodjob:

T minus 12 mins.

20240408_151519.jpg

Fun fact. The camera picks up the phase, reflected in the blue circle if you zoom

Reactions: kul

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support