Total Solar Eclipse 2017

Yes and yes. 3 types of cherries and an heirloom. Peppers are on right.

My favorites!! :thumleft:

I'm thinking about doing a planter box project with my oldest son in the fall when the weather cools. There are some great plans you can get online as PDF's with all of the exact materials and tools listed out. I figured it would be a good father-son bonding moment....aka, me screaming at the kid when he starts playing "space ranger" with the cordless power drill and not following any directions I give him....

- - - Updated - - -

That is formal wear in Tucson in the summer. I only wear shorts from February to November ---

Actually, those are my weed spraying clothes. You'll notice the blue all over the back of my tee shirt from bending over the wrong way with the backpack sprayer on....I think the weed killer chemicals are mostly safe....now if I could just stop this twitching in my leg....

There are some great plans you can get online as PDF's with all of the exact materials and tools listed out.

PDF's for planter boxes?!?! :rant:

Actually, those are my weed spraying clothes. You'll notice the blue all over the back of my tee shirt from bending over the wrong way with the backpack sprayer on....I think the weed killer chemicals are mostly safe....now if I could just stop this twitching in my leg....

I was thinking you took on a new career as a paintball target...too bad, I could have had a bunch of work for you

PDF's for planter boxes?!?! :rant:

Settle down Francis! Not all of us were born to be Bob Ross ... some of us just like to paint-by-numbers ....

I was thinking you took on a new career as a paintball target...too bad, I could have had a bunch of work for you

Does the job require clothes? Can I wear my yoga pants?

So set your calendars - next observable total solar eclipse in the US will be 4/8/2024....

.... unless anyone wants to book a trip down to central Argentina or Chile on July 2nd 2019 [emoji848] It'll be winter down there, so no pool parties [emoji20]

That was cool. I should have been smarter and turned the "auto" off everything on my phone camera, oh well.

It got as dark as say 9:15 in late July, enough for all the street lights to turn on and for the crickets to chirp.

As an aside, I feel sorry for places that have tourists year-round.

Here's something kind of neat.

7fxXO8Y.gif

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So set your calendars - next observable total solar eclipse in the US will be 4/8/2024.
At the intersection of today's path and 2024s path in southern Illinois, the town will change their name to eclipseville. Their entire economy will revolve around the eclipse like Roswell and aliens.

They're even planning on creating a giant space shade that they can use to block the sun anytime they want to fool gullible vacationers into thinking that it's the real thing.

At the intersection of today's path and 2024s path in southern Illinois, the town will change their name to eclipseville. Their entire economy will revolve around the eclipse like Roswell and aliens.

They're even planning on creating a giant space shade that they can use to block the sun anytime they want to fool gullible vacationers into thinking that it's the real thing.

I've been to Rosewell...selling alien tchotchke is NOT the economic engine you'd think it would be [emoji89]

I've been to Rosewell...selling alien tchotchke is NOT the economic engine you'd think it would be [emoji89]
Wonderful, I just invested in the alien tchotchke manufacturing corporation. The guy assured me that Roswell was a crazy big market. He also told me that he had to pay royalties to the aliens to use their likeness and trademarks.

So set your calendars - next observable total solar eclipse in the US will be 4/8/2024....

.... unless anyone wants to book a trip down to central Argentina or Chile on July 2nd 2019 [emoji848] It'll be winter down there, so no pool parties [emoji20]

The 2028 in Sydney might be nice ... although in July, which I guess is winter ...

We are definitely planning to get into it in 2024 though ... which one of you Texans going to host the TFP party? :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.