Total Chlorine Question

Miniduper

Apr 19, 2020
Las vegas
Had my water tested at Leslie's. Their test showed my Free Chlorine at 3.84 and Total Chlorine at 4.17. Their recommendation said to address high combined available chlorine (CAC) and recommended this product Leslie's Fresh n Clear. I read on this website that combined chlorine could be a problem, is this the same thing? Do I need to do anything about this? 1700 Gallon Intex with SWG pool, thanks

Thanks for the quick reply and the helpful info. I've read those articles. I've been managing so so. My Intex Krystal Clear SWG has been problematic with high salt errors even know my salt level is only 2500 so for a couple weeks I had to keep adding / removing water just to get the SWG to stay on. Otherwise FC is at 3.84, CYA is 59 , pH is at 7.3 and TA is at 137. I was hoping TA was going to go down on its own but I figured it kept going back up cause I kept adding fresh water. Thoughts on Salt Level, TA and based on the CYA chart do I want to target FC of 7 with CYA 70? Thanks

We do not trust pool store tests so are hesitant to provide guidance based on them. Holding a higher FC to CYA is a good idea in a small pool volume.
Have a good summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.