Total Alkalinity test result is not the same when comparing K2006C with the TF tesr kits....

Hachu

Bronze Supporter
Aug 11, 2020
Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I recently bought the TF test kits refills for my K20006C. When using my Taylor K-2006C to test my TA I get 70ppm, but when using the TF test I kept getting 110ppm. The results are always higher when I use the TF. Now, I'm just confused with the test results. Has anyone have this problem? Or have compared the results? I use it the same way for both tests using 25 ml pool water sample.
1. 2 drops R-0007 (mix)
2. Add 5 drops R-008 (swirl to mix)
3. Add R-009 drop wise til turn from green to red.

Thanks,
Ha

New bottles of R0009 can give small drops. Be sure the bottle is vertical, very little to no pressure on the bottle and let the drop form and drop. If necessary, wipe the tip with a damp cloth between drops.

New bottles of R0009 can give small drops. Be sure the bottle is vertical, very little to no pressure on the bottle and let the drop form and drop. If necessary, wipe the tip with a damp cloth between drops.
Yes, I've always held verticle with no pressure and yes, I noticed the TF r0009 bottle gives very small drops so I'm not sure how to record my TA since my Taylor kit is giving 70ppm while my TF IS 110ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.