Torn liner in new pool

Dave31410

Bronze Supporter
Feb 27, 2018
Savannah, GA
I posted a little while ago about a leak in our new pool. Thought we had it fixed but slow leak continued. Pool tech came back and discovered a tear in the liner below the light, like the liner pulled down against the screws holding the light fixture. They are going to replace the liner. My question is: should I ask for compensation for having to replace all the water?

They are going to replace the liner. My question is: should I ask for compensation for having to replace all the water?

You can ask. If you ask then ask for water cost + chemical cost (CYA, salt). Worst that can happen is they say no.

How much $ are you going to argue about?

If the leak is without a doubt their fault then I would expect to be reimbursed. I have the same size pool and it's not a minor expense. The salt adds up too so definitely push for it. Sorry this happened but good to see they are replacing it.

Sounds like they cut out the light to soon and / or never pulled a tight vacuum on the liner to have it tight against the floor and sides. Then when the weight of the water pushed the liner into the corners etc it pulled down from the slack that was still above the water. Never add water until the liner is pulled tight into every square inch of the pool body and wrinkle free. You are lucky it happened soon and they are replacing it. My vote is they should cover all cost to get you back to where you were before THEIR mistake showed up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.