Top of Pool Filter Jammed?

Hello,

I have a Hayward pool filter enclosure just like this one.

However the top will not come off! I can turn it and turn it, but it eventually gets to a point where every full rotation of the top handle, it makes a "clunk" noise and makes no further progress coming off. Also, if I look at the space between the top and the main body of the enclosure, I cannot see the o-ring. Could it maybe be causing the top to get stuck somehow?

Did you try opening the air bleed valve to be sure there is no suction holding the cover on?

Otherwise, call Hayward. But I would suspect you might have to wait until Monday.

If it makes a clunk with each full turn, I think you may have the shaft unscrewed. If so the top should pull loose. That shaft can be unscrewed both at the top or at the bottom. If it came loose at the bottom you are pulling on both the top and the shaft. Make sure to keep the bleeder valve open, so you aren't working against a vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.