Too much suction

Harry26

May 9, 2015
Myrtle Beach SC
My vacuum head is brand new,it sticks to the bottom of the pool..I do not have a main drain or any valves to close.I only have a skimmer and a Hayward multi port valve..How can I reduce the suction so that I can vacuum my pool?? I have a chlorine dispenser plumbed into the pipes.loosening the cover i thought might reduce suction but,it did not.. What can I do to reduce suction??

Harry26

May 9, 2015
Myrtle Beach SC
The only time I have ever had that problem is when the liner was starting to float from high ground water. Did you get a lot of rain from the storm?
We did get alot of rain recently but,this has been going on for a long time now..So much so that when I used my auto robot cleaner it got stuck and broke the skim vac plate..I'll post a pic of my equipment..

Harry26

May 9, 2015
Myrtle Beach SC
Where does that recommended valve go? Can it go between hose and vacuum head? I'm using simple pole,hose,triangle vacuum head.Does anyone know about this one?How do I use the suction relief valves when it is in the water?.1596721721666.png

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Fletcher, OK
Can you use a vacuum like this one, it has wheels and stays off the floor.. :)

Harry26

May 9, 2015
Myrtle Beach SC
Can you use a vacuum like this one, it has wheels and stays off the floor.. :)

I think that type is for gunite or cement pools.. I don't know why it wouldn't work on vinyl liners...I bought one years ago and it didn't work well.I threw it out so,I guess it is not my answer.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
You could drill 1/4 holes through the top of the triangle, one at a time with test runs inbetween. One might even be enough.

my official vote is for the valve.

Reactions: Harry26