Too much chlorine

Jan 5, 2017
sydney, au
Hi all, I've added a bit too much regular bleach in the pool. Currently FC is at 12. I've shut off my saltwater cell. Only pump running at normal schedule. With no chlorine being produced, how long will it take for the high chlorine to go down? How many days? I plan on adding water, to dilute it. Pool is uncovered.

THANKS

Dry skin, stinging eyes.

I wouldn't worry about it. We've spent most of the summer so far with our FC up around there (I forgot to turn the SWG down when I added a couple of filtering hours), and we've just come out of the pool with the FC at 24. Aside from a bit of a chlorine smell in the shower post-swim, you couldn't tell the level was that high while you were outside or in the pool. As long as there is no CC and the rest of the water is in balance it just doesn't seem to be an issue.

As an aside, we lose 2.5-3.5 ppm per day over summer.

I am dealing with this exact issue. Pool builder set SWG too high at 60 percent resulting in a FC level of 23.5. I initially reduced it from 60 to 30 percent however it was not dropping much. I turned off the SWG 7 days ago and I Iook a sample this morning and it was 12.5. I plan to get it in range and then turn SWG back on to maintain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.