Texassaltpool

Dec 29, 2020
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! We are almost a full year into pool ownership and so far following TFP methods has kept our pool clear and easy to maintain. This week we had a flow switch go out on the salt cell causing it to stop producing for a couple days before we realized it, we also had some rain. So today my test levels show as
FC- 0
CC. - .5
CYA- 60

We plan to dose with liquid chlorine h tile we fix the problem but I am not sure wether to slam or not. We did have a FC level of 6 Saturday so I’m not sure how long it has been at 0. The water is still pretty clear and there is no algae we can see but my understanding was that we need to slam if FC gets down to 0.

If we should slam can we also add salt dunging the process is we need to bring that up a bit as well.

Can we swim during a SLAM

Thank you!

2-3 days in this TX heat with no chlorine is probably a recipe for algae. However you can test to be sure. Use the liquid chlorine this afternoon and this evening to bring your FC up to about 8-10 ppm. Keep it there all evening with SWG off. Keep pump running on low. Take a final FC test just before bed (dark outside), then take another FC test early in the morning before the sun hits the water. That's the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Let's see if you pass or fail that one. If you fail, there's no doubt you'll go right into the SLAM Process.

2-3 days in this TX heat with no chlorine is probably a recipe for algae. However you can test to be sure. Use the liquid chlorine this afternoon and this evening to bring your FC up to about 8-10 ppm. Keep it there all evening with SWG off. Keep pump running on low. Take a final FC test just before bed (dark outside), then take another FC test early in the morning before the sun hits the water. That's the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Let's see if you pass or fail that one. If you fail, there's no doubt you'll go right into the SLAM Process.
Thank you. Did an overnight test and my chlorine was a 4ppm last night and still at 4ppm this morning. My CC is now 0 and no longer at .5 so I think we are good? I may raise the chlorine level to a 10 tonight like you mentioned and run pump all night to be sure.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.