Sep 10, 2019
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have a little bit of green algae (or thats what I think it is) that forms in the same corner of my pool. The corner is always shaded and is where my pool robot fails to brush effectively and admittedly, I am a chronic non-brusher because the robot runs daily. Once I get the brush out, it doesnt come back for at least a week. My FC stays pretty constant and almost always >3ppm using my Intellichem system but I do actually test the water occasionally.

Here were my numbers today:
FC = 4.6 (per DPD test)
CC = 0.2
pH = 7.6
TA = 50
CH = 270
CYA = 40
Temp = 84F

Water is what I consider crystal clear. Should I mess with SLAMing?

Unfortunately, if you see algae, you have no choice but to use the SLAM Process. Because everything else seems to be in good shape, hopefully your SLAM will go relatively quickly, but it's best to be safe. While it would seem plausible to think it's related to just that one corner area, don't take any chances. Check all the standard hiding places just to be safe (behind the light, ladders, steps, main drain, etc). Don't forget to lower the pH to 7.2 before you increase the FC to 16 per the FC/CYA Levels. Good luck!

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.