tests today
FC .5
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 100
CH 250
CYA 60
Salt 3000

nobody swimming. My question is if I run my IC40 100% overnight will I be ok or should I add some liquid. SWGCalculator says 51 hrs to get to FC 3 with no loss.

Attachments

• 10E5F27D-F534-491A-AF4E-AAAF69A796B2.png
    10E5F27D-F534-491A-AF4E-AAAF69A796B2.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 3
I have been in the same situation as you. Same SWG. Add the liquid chlorine to get to proper level.

The SWG is not good at raising from those low levels. Hopefully you can catch it soon enough before you need to SLAM. However, if you notice the SWG not maintaining your FC level, you will need to SLAM.

Also, I assume you mean 5.1 hours?

I have been in the same situation as you. Same SWG. Add the liquid chlorine to get to proper level.

The SWG is not good at raising from those low levels. Hopefully you can catch it soon enough before you need to SLAM. However, if you notice the SWG not maintaining your FC level, you will need to SLAM.

Also, I assume you mean 5.1 hours?
Here is my calculator results. I only figured going up to 3 FC then go from ther

Attachments

• 50891CD3-0DBF-479B-8E8E-2B5589507C32.png
    50891CD3-0DBF-479B-8E8E-2B5589507C32.png
    753.6 KB · Views: 9
I use PoolMath. To create 3ppm FC in your pool volume with your SWCG set at 100% will take just over 5 hours.

Raise your FC using liquid chlorine to 5 ppm and then set your SWCG to create 3 ppm FC per day.

How long are you running the pump each day?

You have Poolmath. You can do all this your self.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How long are you running the pump each day?

You have Poolmath. You can do all this your self.
I can run whatever will be best. I was going to trial and error with that after I’ve go a good grip on chemistry of my water, which I think I’m about there? had 3 different pools and only ran them 24-7. Had pool people maintain my pool. I’ve since retired and wanted to fiddle with this myself.

So you can use Poolmath to see what you need to run. Select Chemical Additions. Select SWG. Then put in hours and % generation and play with it to get to 3 ppm. Start there.

Run time depends on skimming needs once you meet the chlorine addition. You need about 5-6 hours a day for chlorine. After that, it is up to you for skimming, etc.

So you can use Poolmath to see what you need to run. Select Chemical Additions. Select SWG. Then put in hours and % generation and play with it to get to 3 ppm. Start there.

Run time depends on skimming needs once you meet the chlorine addition. You need about 5-6 hours a day for chlorine. After that, it is up to you for skimming, etc.
I just did that in pool math. You are right ( my wife loves to hear me say that). LOL!! Sounds great Mknauss. I was hoping to just be able to run my pump a few hours a day instead of 24-7. Thanks for your help and quick replies. Maybe oneday I can pay this forward. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.