Tiny bubbles in return. How to tell if SWG?

JenfromNC

Gold Supporter
Jul 14, 2019
Hickory, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi!
Pool still in progress.
Pump and filter have been in for a month or so. SWG has been running a week n half or so.
We didn't notice bubbles at that point.

Pool guys came and installed heater, but it doesn't have power yet, so I guess water is just free running through it. Since they worked on that, we have noticed tiny cute little bubbles coming out of the returns.

Normal from SWG? Or heater install introduced some sort of air leak or something? Heater was put in place Friday morning, so I would think any residual air inside it would have worked itself out already?

Im not asking the PB. He will tell me its fine. He says everything is fine. He is the one who installed my filter and pump and we had a small leak and he said it was fine, the white tape would seal it up. It kept leaking. his son came out to install the heater and we asked him about the leak and he said, "oh the guys who installed this didn't use any tape I'll fix it now". So. yeah. Not asking him.

Turn the SWCG off or to 0% generation. Do the bubbles stop?

The heater is on the pressure side of the pump, so a leak would present itself with water coming out, not air getting in.

Reactions: JamesW
I'm new to the SWCG world and also just spotted adorable little bubbles coming out of my return two night ago. They almost look like the fizz from soda /champagne and travel clear across the pool from the jet.

I'm guessing this is the chlorine gas???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.