Tiny Bubbles from Return

Van G

Bronze Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Toronto
For the past month the first return jet for both the pool and spa have tiny bubbles coming from them when the pump runs on its std schedule at 40%. The bubbles are very fine and come out at a moderate rate.

The pool has 2 jets on a shared 1.5” flex feed.

The spa has 4 “jacuzzi” jets sharing 1.5” flex feed.

The pad is all 2” rigid and the Hayward 3-way valve on return side is controlled by Hayward actuator.

No leaks on the equipment pad. Pump chamber is full and air free. The filter has been bled of all air.

When the pump is run on high, the bubbles appear to stop.

How can I troubleshoot this before digging out by jets to inspect?

SWG's produce hydrogen as one of their byproducts. They can float down the return pipe and the float to the surface. Others here have luck lighting them on fire, to confirm that. I couldn't get mine lit!!

Unless your SWG is set to 100%, it will cycle chlorine production on and off for some period of time each hour or so. It might have an indicator light on it that signals when it's producing chlorine (sorry, I don't know your model).

If the bubbles occur only when the cell is producing, that's your answer...

- - - Updated - - -

Argh. They both beat me to it that time!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.