Timer won’t click off.

ShaneC1911

Dec 27, 2019
Florida
My wife alerted me last night that the pump for the pool was still running. I have it set to run from 8am to 4pm daily. I suspected that one of the stoppers has fallen off or something so I asked her to send me a picture. This was sent at almost 8pm. I seen the time was off so I thought the power or something had went out. Who knows? But when I got home to look at it the timer requires a LOT of strength to flip the off switch. I pulled the dial out slightly and turned counter clockwise a few times the on works just fine but when it gets to the off it hangs up there and just continues to run. Any ideas of what could be causing this?

4FC7325A-B35B-48FB-95B5-3549833EFD13.jpeg

It’s hard to tell from the pic, but it kinda looks like the off pin is getting hung up on the tork on/off plate.
First thing I’d do is kill the power at the breaker and then see if anything is binding on the wheel. Then see if something is impeding the movement of the on/off rocker switch. :cheers:

It seems to me like something isn’t lined up right but I don’t know how anything could have changed. It seems like if the tab on the trip would touch where my screwdriver is touching in the picture it would work better. But it’s touches where that tab is right above it. It requires a significant amount of force to get it to trip off. I would appreciate any advice. 89A0DE69-787A-4948-85E5-EB80CFCB9D0E.jpeg

How old is the timer?

That is what happens when the gears wear. Usual fix is to replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.