Timer Question

mayny80

Jun 4, 2020
New York
I was having an issue with my filter and skimmer pulling in water properly and also the water flowing in was very weak.

I shut off the filter and did a filter regeneration and removed the filter off the timer and it seems like its working correctly now.

I had the filter set on a BNLink timer that is rated for 1/2 hp but the filter is rated for 1.5hp, so is that what would have messed up and not let the filter work properly?

Want to be sure thats the issue before I order a different timer such as the intermatic t101 which would need to be professionally installed I assume?

Thank you!

You refer to your filter but I think you mean your pump.

What about the pump is not working properly? You did a regeneration cleaning the filter. A dirty filter would have slowed the water flow. Once you cleaned it the water flow would have improved.

What are the specs on the BNLink timer? How many amps is it speced for?

How many amps are listed on the pump motor data plate?

You refer to your filter but I think you mean your pump.

What about the pump is not working properly? You did a regeneration cleaning the filter. A dirty filter would have slowed the water flow. Once you cleaned it the water flow would have improved.

What are the specs on the BNLink timer? How many amps is it speced for?

How many amps are listed on the pump motor data plate?

Yes, pool pump sorry. The main issue was the skimmer wasn’t pulling in water/cleaning the surface at all. I lowered the water level and took the pump off the timer and that seemed to do the trick.

The BNlink timer specs are: Ratings: 125V, 60Hz, 15A Max, 1875W Resistive or General Purpose, 8 A Tungsten Lamp, 1/2 HP

The pump is a Hayward PowerFlo LX, 115V, 10Amp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.