Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I’ve been thinking about purchasing the Circupool RJ45+…for a while now. I have a Hayward VS950 pump. I know I need some sort of timer since the pump utilizes a built in timer. Has anyone successfully used a wifi plug in outlet and ran the SWG through that? I could control the time on my phone vs having to install an Intermatic timer. I Currently only run my pump for 9 hours a day. First summer season with the pool upcoming so that may change how long we run but I don’t see us ever running 24/7 just on personal preference alone.

Bonus question. In the AZ heat is the 45+ sufficient or should I bump to a 60+? Tiny pool but hot weather and water all summer long.

With a SWCG in AZ it may be best to run 24 hrs at a low speed to constantly produce FC.
We recommend 2x your pool volume so the 45 is fine but going bigger is always better.
Will the SWCG be 120V or 240v. Need to confirm that. If 120V and 15Amp then a standard wifi timer should work - just keep the two timers in sync.
Maybe @JoyfulNoise or @mknauss can provide you some better local information on setting the time for pump and SWCG in AZ

You can run the 9 hours or the run time you normally do as long as you generate enough chlorine each day.

I run my pump / SWCG in the summer from 9 am to 4 pm. Those are the hours the sun hits the pool surface.

The 45 is plenty big for you but the 60 is likely an even better ROI.

I'd like to point out the 2 people called above. Before they come tell you that 2x is good, Matt bought a 3.75X which was the largest residential unit he could buy and Marty has a 6.6 X. :ROFLMAO:

I would go 3X in a heartbeat up north and 4X in a hot climate.
Currently only run my pump for 9 hours a day.
AM or PM.

The 45 is plenty big for you but the 60 is likely an even better ROI.

I'd like to point out the 2 people called above. Before they come tell you that 2x is good, Matt bought a 3.75X which was the largest residential unit he could buy and Marty has a 6.6 X. :ROFLMAO:

I would go 3X in a heartbeat up north and 4X in a hot climate.

AM or PM.
Yeah with the heat and hot water temps we get here I’m considering the 60.

I run the pump 830am to 5pm. Not opposed to a 24/7 but I noticed on low rpm 1200/1300 the pump fills with air over time. Maybe an inch or 1.5” worth after it runs a while. Have checked for leaks and sealed the o rings but it always gets some air in there.

Has anyone successfully used a wifi plug in outlet and ran the SWG through that?
You could use a standard WiFi plug if the SWG is set up for 120 volts. Easy enough to change if its wired for 240. You would need to wire up a plug to the SWG controller wire. I like Kasa smart plugs and switches. Make sure you use a weather resistant plug box if you go this route.

I left mine on 240 volts and used a Sonoff Basic WiFi switch. More info in the post below.

Last edited:
I run the pump 830am to 5pm
I'm a 24/7 guy, but that makes my FC spread over 24 hours, while 100% of the loss hits in 5 or 6 hours.

If I lived in a hot climate, i'd probably run the SWG during the day only, to mitigate the insane UV with less swing.

*and still run hot, of course.

I'm sorry I have no timer recs. I've never needed one. I have summer time and winter time.