Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My Bestway 1000 gph pump is plugged into a Plusmart outdoor timer. The pump's plug is GFCI, and the timer's outlet is GFCI. The timer itself is plugged into the GFCI plug in the outside of the house.

Now, the problem is that the reset button on the pump's plug has to be pushed before the pump will turn on when attached to the timer. It doesn't do this if it's plugged directly into the wall. This is inconvenient, because I want to be able to program when the pump comes in and how long it runs.

Any ideas what's going on?I

oh yeah, here's the timer

I have this pump - Amazon.com : Bestway 58500E 2200 Gallon Pool Pump, One Size, Gray : Garden & Outdoor - (Bestway 58500E 2200 Gallon Pool Pump, One Size, Gray) and cannot get it to work with any timer that I try (the reset button has to be pushed manually for the pump to start). Should I call an electrician to install an outlet closer to the pool? I'm running an extension cord from a GFCI on the side of my house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.