engrav

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
Whidbey Island, WA
Hi
Tis cold and backwash slide valve stiff. Should have lubed in August but did not. And with rains will need to back wash from time to time.
Is Pentair WC-212-136D
Before removing valve, do I need to release air / drain water or anything?
And is there a grease that tolerates cold weather?
Thank you.

As with any pool equipment maintenance, once the pump is off, you will close any valves at the pad to isolate equipment from the pool. You should then purge air from the filter to relieve pressure. You might also elect to drain water from the filter rather than having it all spill-out at the valve where you'll be taking it apart. But that's about it. Yes, you should use pool silicone lube on those plunger slide O-rings as well. Hope that helps.

thank you
have ordered back up equipment (like a piston) case I break the old one and when here will try to lub it

will start with space heater to warm it up, water temp now 42 so metal quite cold

if I open the air valve on the filter will that drain the filter?

if I open the air valve on the filter will that drain the filter?
You should have a drain cap/valve at the bottom of your filter. So after you close all the 3-way or shut-off valves at the pad, open that drain plug to start letting water out. You can also open the air relief at the top of the filter to help allow it to drain easier.

thanks
Yup lay down on floor, peered underneath and voila, drain plug. But...
no way to attach hose so appears water runs out on the floor
this is an old Sta-Rite HRPB30; I wonder if I am missing something
plug does look kinda funky; plastic part with a bolt inside

You're not missing anything. Most of those don't really accomodate a hose. Some people will just get creative and use a tray or something to try and direct water flow away. That happens with owners that have their filter in a shed or something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.