Time for a new liner!

Mar 30, 2008
Irmo, South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all! Been a while since the last time I posted! Our liner is 13 years old and has lived out it's life. It has a few holes above the water line, and needless to say the sun has taken it's toll in regards to fading. So now we are thinking replace the liner? Replace the entire pool with another above ground? Or go in ground? Is there any way to determine the status of the wall without removing the liner? The pool is a Sharkline that is partially in ground, so looking at the walls from the outside is really not a viable option. What y'all think?

13 years, metal wall partially in ground I would bet there is not much left of the wall, it is probably rusted through.. This would be a guess but we have seen 10 year old walls completely above ground rusted through...

If it is get a polymer/resin pool wall as they will never rust... :)

Reactions: Crazycalvin
May sound like a stupid question/thought, but I guess I could feel the side of the pool from the inside to see if it feels weak? Or is the liner going to absolutely have to come out before we get an idea on wall condition?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.