Tile on Sun Shelf

HC Marmot

Mar 11, 2021
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Hello, we are finalizing the details on our upcoming pool renovation. We are adding a sun shelf to the pool and really like the look of having the shelf fully tiled. We plan to use ceramic tile and are wondering if we should be concerned about slipping on the tiles as kids will be playing on the shelf. We are looking at using 1x1 or 2x2 tiles.

Does anyone have a fully tiled sun shelf? How slippery is it?

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend 1x1 so you have more grout to make it slip resistance. Any quality tile will work, but the key is the adhesive and grout. I used Latticrete 254 platinum adhesive and an epoxy based grout SpectraLock pro. Since you are doing a relative small area go with the quality latticrete products.

Oh by the way, does anybody know what is all that white stuff??

6FC669A8-D0A3-49DB-8284-F3722846868D_1_201_a.jpeg

Not slick at all. Every single person i know hates fully tiled pool, they mention that they will come off eventually. That is why i researched Latticrete products. If you use those 2 products together they offer something like 20 years warranty that they wont fall off. Im still 3 year in, but it still looks amazing. Also due credit to TFP, with a very nicely balanced pool water i see no reason to have a single problem in the future. I would't want to know other with crazy acidic pool water due to pucks. So if you follow TFP guidelines and use a quality adhesive, i see no problems ahead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.