Through wall skimmer install tips?

angelacjones

May 26, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
We have an Intex Ultra Frame rectangle 12x24x52 and would really like to install a wall skimmer. We are already up and running for the season and pool looks great! Trying to determine where to install and whether or not to drain some of the water first or not. Have read a bunch of older posts that have given me ideas, but still super scared to cut into the liner.... Any install or location tips out there?

• Love
Reactions: michellew5
Kinda along these lines

I was nervous too but it worked out great
We did mine when the water level was a bit below existing Summer Waves Skimmer round hole
The Hayward fits perfectly over the opening
you can cut the inside corners or leave them

I always wondered if I was gonna Cut a completely new skimmer hole or 2 inch round hole, If you should/could take a couple pieces of repair patching ( larger than the opening you were gonna cut), and glue them to inside of pool and outside of pool??
Would that re enforce that area?
Has any one ever done that do you think

We have an Intex Ultra Frame rectangle 12x24x52 and would really like to install a wall skimmer. We are already up and running for the season and pool looks great! Trying to determine where to install and whether or not to drain some of the water first or not. Have read a bunch of older posts that have given me ideas, but still super scared to cut into the liner.... Any install or location tips out there?
Same here. My sides lean in and not sure if the weight of the skimmer and angle will work?

I cut mine yesterday. It was just as easy as everyone says it is. We put the top screws through the seam and when cutting the opening left the seam there. It shouldn't make a difference in how well it works.

View attachment 104215
Is yours a rectangle pool and the sides lean in? When I set my Hayward skimmer it was at a severe angle and not sure if it would work because it wasn't horizontally level, severe slant? ThanQ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.