Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello
After a good filter cleaning, I discovered that the thread on the bottom metal clamp of my filter housing is stripped at the point of tension. I can keep screwing past it without the clamp in place and with tension, but at the point of tension it just spins.
The parts list shows that the 2 upper clamps have different part numbers than the low one. And they cost around $180. Yikes.
So.
Can the top or middle one be used at the bottom? My thought is that I should be able to swap 2 of the clamps, and the bad one should allow the tightening metal nut to get past the stripped point.
Thanks

EDIT - the tightening nut goes in about half an inch without resistance from the threads, so perhaps that is the culprit

Last edited:
Nope. The ring clamps have different circumferences, probably, and thus the different part numbers.

I swapped the nut screw with the plastic knob screw for now, and will order a new knob screw for $17 or so vs $180.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.