Thoughts on this issue?

Jul 25, 2010
Happy Boxing Day folks.
I'd like to get your thoughts on this issue. I need to replace the pump front housing. It leaks, it's not fixable. I was hoping to unscrew the piping at the multiport valve, highlighted orange and put a complete new end to end run in. This is not an option. I fear the multiport connector will shatter if I put any more effort into 'flexing' the pipe that is screwed into the valve. The only alternative I see is to cut flush on the blue line and then connect using a connector similar to the one in the pic and build downstream from there to the new front housing.
Thoughts?

Thanks
Pump Piping.jpg

Looks like you'll have just enough pipe on which to glue a coupler. Sounds like a good plan to me. Regarding leaving the multi-port connection alone, I second that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't see any advantage to going back any farther than the blue line, but a giant can of worms if you do and something gives.

If you have any trouble finding enough available pipe on the suction side of the pump, you should be able to cut the pipe right up next to the existing three-way valve and glue a coupler to the outside of the valve's port. This illustration shows how Jandy valves can be "glued twice" like that, inside and outside. Be sure the brand of valve you have supports that before you cut the pipe.

jandy.png

Use unions on each side of the pump to avoid this problem next time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.