Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Planning a 44’x22’ vinyl liner pool with a 3’4” shallow end and an 8’ deep end with a diving board. Will have a bench running down one of the long edges with a step out in the deep end.

Trying to decide if we should do a ladder on the opposite side of the bench in deep end... was originally thinking of a smaller bench and step out on the opposite side because it would look better than a ladder, but PB won’t do it - says too tough on the liner and will lead to leaks.

don’t necessarily have to have a ladder or exit on the opposite side, but have younger kids and thought it would be safer to have something on each side.

Curious what others experiences have been?

thx!

I feel like you need a ladder with that long of a pool and 8' depth. I worry young kids would get tired after jumping in. But the step out serves the same purpose right?? So as long as you have that, I wouldn't worry about a ladder.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks for your input! Yes the step out serves the same purpose. Maybe the question should have been around whether to have a way to exit on both sides at the deep end.

I put a ladder in without having the bench you're getting. It was used briefly when the toddlers were jumping in and swimming short distances to repeat over and over. After a year it was totally unnecessary.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.