Thoughts on deep end exits?

Seagar

Mar 18, 2021
Ohio
Planning a 44’x22’ vinyl liner pool with a 3’4” shallow end and an 8’ deep end with a diving board. Will have a bench running down one of the long edges with a step out in the deep end.

Trying to decide if we should do a ladder on the opposite side of the bench in deep end... was originally thinking of a smaller bench and step out on the opposite side because it would look better than a ladder, but PB won’t do it - says too tough on the liner and will lead to leaks.

don’t necessarily have to have a ladder or exit on the opposite side, but have younger kids and thought it would be safer to have something on each side.

Curious what others experiences have been?

thx!

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I feel like you need a ladder with that long of a pool and 8' depth. I worry young kids would get tired after jumping in. But the step out serves the same purpose right?? So as long as you have that, I wouldn't worry about a ladder.

Maddie :flower:

Seagar

Mar 18, 2021
Ohio
Thanks for your input! Yes the step out serves the same purpose. Maybe the question should have been around whether to have a way to exit on both sides at the deep end.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I put a ladder in without having the bench you're getting. It was used briefly when the toddlers were jumping in and swimming short distances to repeat over and over. After a year it was totally unnecessary.

Maddie :flower: