This weather stinks

This week has had a bit of everything..3 tornado warning sirens in the last week and a half..water was 86 today..kids got to swim but not me! :taped: Drained and vacuumed today..blah. :testkit: Temps dropping..gonna have a nice cold pool for the 4th!

We went from so much rain it was almost over flowing to loosing 3 inches of water to evaporation! At least the water warmed up again after all the rain. Some how managed to keep the chlorine up with all the rain and sleeping for almost 36 hours straight sick.

Haven't seen this thread yet as I'm just popping on now and then. I missed all the PA discussion about the June storms. I mimic all those, storm after storm, the kids haven't been in the pool much all of June. Good thing is, the corn, tomatoes, cukes, and potatoes look awesome in the garden.

I got in for the first time on Saturday last weekend. All this week it's been 80+. Last evening it was 83, so warm! Oldest daughter wanted to go shopping Monday so her and Mom went shopping and I spent all evening with the youngest in the pool. I float on a floatie with my eyes closed and she spins me all around. I have to guess what I am facing. She can play this game for hours, LOL. Then her turn to float and I'll spin her around towards the side and wack the floatie into the rail. Her face expression is priceless when she hits the side while her eyes are closed, LOL.

We finally have have some nice weather! With the help of the pool heater we got the water up to 88 and with the nice warm sunny days it has stayed up there on it's own. I think we've used the pool more in the past week than we did all of June.

We actually swam at 9:30 P.M. last night. Seems as though we only get to night swim about once a year around here. The water temp was 84 yesterday. I probably wouldn't like it any warmer than that, I have to admit. It's going to be cooler the next few days, water will likely go below 80 again :/

I'm in Central Virginia and our pool was installed late April 2014. My daughter (21) only waited a couple days before going in for the first time when the water was 72*! She put on 2 bathing suits and had a blast! We've been swimming ever since... almost daily. The water temp has stayed in the mid 80's for most of June and was 89* last night. We're in full sun all day, so that really helps keep the temperature up.

Btw, my water is still sparkly clear like in the picture!! :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We actually swam at 9:30 P.M. last night. Seems as though we only get to night swim about once a year around here. The water temp was 84 yesterday. I probably wouldn't like it any warmer than that, I have to admit. It's going to be cooler the next few days, water will likely go below 80 again :/
Yeah, it's funny how folks in all the different locations feel about water temp. Mine got up to 86 only once. Felt like a lobster jumping into the lobster pot to us, LOL. I just shake my head at the folks who comment elsewhere how they don't get in until water is 90° and such.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.