MeeMeePool

Bronze Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Ohio
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, we are in the very early stages of an inground pool install, and I mean very early, we are still in the gathering estimate phase. One thing that we're coming across is the first available to start dig would be August with pool hopefully done in September. We are in New York, so would maybe get a week or so of swim time before it's time to close. Now they said we could lock in the price for this season and be one of the first to be installed next year. My question to you all would there be a reason or an advantage to choose one over the other?

Thanks so much!!

Interesting question-----------let think it through both ways.

-If you let them start in Aug. is there ANY chance they might run over into ground freezing time? If not then doing it at that time will mean you KNOW you will be swimming as soon as you open your pool and get the water warm enough!

-If they tell you they will build your pool first next year how can you be sure you REALLY will be first (How many others did they say the same thing to?). Just how soon can they start with the pool up there? How long do they think it will take to build?

Hummmmmmmmm looks like asap is the way to go from what I wrote BUT you know the area so let that guide you!

Kim:kim:

One week of swimming in the fall vs the cost/hassle of closing the pool for the winter and the hassle/cost of opening in the spring. Seems like a pretty easy choice to me... be an early install... get it in writing to install by a certain date with penalties for failure for the installer to perform.

Good luck...

Are you getting a heater? We installed our pool last Summer / Fall. They broke ground in July and it was finished in file by the weekend after Labor Day. We kept it open until the last week in October. We heated it a couple weekends and used the spa regularly.

I'm in Southern New Jersey.

We have a Fiberglas, so it went in quick. Had it installed end of sept. last year. We also had the choice, end of summer or first one to start. Pool installer closed pool for us and put chems and solar reel and cover on in spring. In spring the rains and wet ground from snow make it a real mess and causes for delays. Another reason for getting it done this year ...it will be already done ready to swim come nice weather next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.