This old house (for pool equipment)

Another thought is things will hopefully be better in a couple of years if the shed isn’t the greatest. (And I’ve had 3, so I’m sold that they aren’t)

keep us posted.

Reactions: nickest
That would be just my luck that the house would be in the way.

Its possibly trying to make a square peg find in a round hole, so-to-speak. Hence, you get what you pay for and I may have to chalk it up and go for one to be custom made.
Don’t forget to think outside the shed too. If your not worried about a floor you can always look for a plastic or synthetic built shed that does not incorporate the floor into structural integrity and just cut from bottom to size you want so the roof stays. That’s IF you find a low price enough option cutting prob half of it off won’t physically hurt your wallet lol

Reactions: Newdude
Another another thought...... hit up your local grocery store and grab a penny saver/ free local newspaper by the exit doors. There will be plenty of handymen/gals in the classified section. That’s all you need and your current guy is a master carpenter. You aren’t building custom cabinets or crown molding. No need to pay the master rate of $200-$250 and hour. The handymen will be $30-$50 and can scale the materials back a bit to remain functional without breaking the bank.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Is that wood actually rotting or is it just in rough shape. Either way, there are products that can seal wood and even epoxies that could be used on some sections if the wood is actually rotting. My guess is that you could spend less than $100 and refresh what you have. The goal would be to see if lumber comes down in price. A refresh could give you a couple years, maybe more.

However, I would agree with a couple posts above. You already have what amounts to a template. If you don't feel comfortable that you could copy what you have, I'd find someone who could help you. As Newdude point out, there's the handyman approach. My thought would be to find a local wood worker (someone who does some woodworking for a hobby) and have them make all the cuts for you. I'm pretty sure you could assemble it with the power screwdriver you have and some glue. I guess the first step if you go this route is to price out the materials on your own to see how much you're actually paying for the labor.

Is that wood actually rotting or is it just in rough shape. Either way, there are products that can seal wood and even epoxies that could be used on some sections if the wood is actually rotting. My guess is that you could spend less than $100 and refresh what you have. The goal would be to see if lumber comes down in price. A refresh could give you a couple years, maybe more.

However, I would agree with a couple posts above. You already have what amounts to a template. If you don't feel comfortable that you could copy what you have, I'd find someone who could help you. As Newdude point out, there's the handyman approach. My thought would be to find a local wood worker (someone who does some woodworking for a hobby) and have them make all the cuts for you. I'm pretty sure you could assemble it with the power screwdriver you have and some glue. I guess the first step if you go this route is to price out the materials on your own to see how much you're actually paying for the labor.
Or the barter approach if your no good with wood but know how to wire something ask if they need some sockets wired up or a light fixture wired. As pb said it is not a super detailed or strenuous job no imagination needed. You have the measurements and everything you know you like and works. I’d say the MOST expensive part of this job would be the lumber. I’d even go as far as to say if you bought the wood (Prob three or four 2x4’s tops) and had your son in law ,neighbor , work buddy etc etc over for dinner you and the person better with carpentry could bang that out in 30-45 min tops. That’s with you re-using the roof bit, Never worked with corrugated material don’t know it’s work times.

Hi TFPers,
Been awhile since I posted.

My pool equipment (not the fun equipment) such as my pump and cartridge housing, and old booster pump, are in a pool equipment box/unit so to speak. Keeps them out of the sun, and I am able to prop open the lid, remove half the unit, and get to the pump/cartridge housing. Well, it is decaying and getting dry rot. I am aware lumber is super pricey and a contractor had to increase his prices b/c of it and the time involved to build the same type of design but using pressure treated wood. Originally he quoted $840 to build a new one, now he said about $1680.

Alternatively they suggested this product at ACE hardware, but I am not sure it will work for my needs

My box is 71.25" L x 38.5" W x 39.5" H (excluding the top that prop opens)

View attachment 337982
View attachment 337984

(Having trouble like usual posting photos. Trying to attach, and they are too large. Can't remember if there is another easier way to do it vs. upload to Flickr then paste that link. Could not figure it out on my laptop. Used my iPhone)
THAT IS AWESOME?

Any trips to Michigan planned? I'd pay you to build me one like that!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.