Thinking about a SLAM

May 21, 2017
Brentwood
After 2 years of a perfect pool following the help on this forum, the past week or so my pool as not been able to get that crystal clear water that I usually have. I have bumped up the chlorinator, but still not change (actually the water maybe a bit worse) - so something must have gotten started growing in the pool - it was a very hot couple of weeks and lots of use, so that would definitely be apart of it.

So I am thinking I need to do a SLAM . Question is, in the SLAM directions it says CYA should be be 30-40, but since my is at 70 (which the recommend level for my pool with a SWG) do I need to get that lower before I start, or will I be ok to go head?

Here are my test results from yesterday
FC 6
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 70
CH 125
CYA 70
Salt 4000
Water temp 86

Thanks for the help

You can SLAM Process at a CYA of 70. Your SLAM level FC is 28 ppm. Add liquid chlorine to get to 28 ppm FC. Keep your pump running on low 24 hours per day. At first, test every couple hours and raise your FC back to 28 ppm.

You might try a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight first just to be sure what you are seeing is algae. Be sure your SWCG if off.

dbtgallery.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.