Think my CYA went up a hair...why?

Jun 6, 2018
Parkersburg, WV
So every since I replaced water and got all things in check and a crystal clear pool I have only been testing chlorine and ph until today I decided to test them all. First time in probably a week and a half or so. And I think my CYA went up a little. Was 60 and now I think it's between 65 and 70. Everything else is good I think

FC 7
CC.5
PH 7.8/8.0 (Have a REALLY hard time telling the difference between the two)
TA 190
CA 200
CYA 65 -70

So just curious any tips and being able to see the difference in the top two colors for PH and is a little increase in CYA a big deal? Does everything else look good?

CYA testing is not that accurate. You round up to the next 10.

PH of 7.8 vs 8 doesnt matter. They both say PH is high and you should knock it down a bit

The best way to figure out your CYA is to test multiple times.

Do a test. When done, pour the solution back into the little squirt bottle and then test again.

Do it 3 times and take an average and use the average as your level.

Many things such as light conditions, how you hold the tube in your fingers, how far away the tube is from your eyes and more can all affect the test result. So, if you measure within 10 or so from one time to the next, thats pretty much normal.

PS
Your CYA cannot go up unless you add it. Its a man made substance and does not naturally exist in nature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.