Think I’m Ready!

f30er

Jan 22, 2022
Buford, GA
First I just wanted to say thx to this site, I’ve been managing my own chemicals and having a blast doing it!
Water isn’t warm enough for me yet (pool heater not installed yet) but my kids have started jumping in and loving it. Here’s my results from this evenings test:
FC: 4.5
Ph: 7.6
TA: 80
CH: 330
CYA: 60
Salt: 2800

I’m confident in everything except the CYA. I know I’m doing it as instructed but between February when I first started and now, my CYA results have been across the board. They were 100, now down to 60 today and I haven’t done anything, just rain and filling up for evaporation every week or two.

How are my numbers looking to some of you pros?

Those numbers look quite good. Hopefully your water is clear? Just be sure to keep the FC in the proper range as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. It wouldn't hurt to increase it just a bit. To help your SWG, you can add just a little bit of liquid chlorine to bump it up quickly by 2 - 3 ppm. As for the CYA test , stick with it. You'll get it. Overall though, very good. :goodjob:

I’m confident in everything except the CYA
The googely eye laughs at us all, i promise. Maintain dominance. Dump a bag of googely eyes on the patio and smush them with your heel as you test. Let Mr Funnyman see who he's messing with.

• Haha
Reactions: AK-
Hahahahaha
Ok that makes me feel a lot better then!!
Water is crystal clear!
My FC being on the lower end of the range, could it be because of the bright sunny day it comes down, and then my pump/SWG runs at night bringing it up to ~6-7 most days?
Yup salt was also on the low end too so I can grab a bag next visit to the pool store.
Thx all!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.