THEPOOLGUYSTORE.COM

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
Thepoolguystore.com

Has anyone used this outfit before? I purchased an Intellichlor IC60 from them last night and even paid for overnight shipping. My IC60 crapped out and I was desperate to find a replacement as soon as possible. They sent me a email purchase receipt right away. Anyhow, I spent the whole day today trying to call them and email them but no response from a real person. Just trying to find out when my item will be shipped. Their website looks legit, but I am concerned that I cannot seem to talk to them. Hope they are just busy and not a scam.

Gary

Gary,

Not necessarily "scammy" but a lot of web sites say they have a product in stock when they don't. Once they get it in, then they ship it to you. But that could be several day or weeks.

Jim R.

Reactions: tim5055
Domain Name: thepoolguystore.com
Registry Domain ID: 1554647428_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: https://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2022-06-13T23:36:32Z
Creation Date: 2009-05-06T10:02:28Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2024-05-06T10:02:28Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

13 years is a good sign.

Most scam sites are less than 6 months old.

Year Round Pool Company also uses the same address as THEPOOLGUYSTORE.COM

Bluffton Location. 386 Buck Island Road. Bluffton, SC 29910. (843) 837-7665

For more information call our Customer Service center at 1-866-283-7665

1-800-517-5384

1662739301664.png

1662739573654.png

1662739643546.png

Earl is ready to answer any questions about products

1662739675920.png

Geri is in the office and waiting to take your call if you need help placing your order for pool supplies on www.thepoolguystore.com.

1662739725758.png

Anne is on hand to answer the phone and check on your order

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and kul
Gary,

I have not used them. I use PolyTec.

When they say it is "In Stock" it is in stock, and it ships the same day or the next day. Free shipping and no tax.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I've bought a few things from Polytec as well. Not always the cheapest (but still good prices), but like Jim said, when they say 'in stock' it is in stock and ships fast. They're in Vegas, so shipping to me usually only takes 2 days. They've been awesome. Highly recommend them.

386 Buck Island Road. Bluffton, SC 29910

1662740860221.png

Year Round Pool

386 Buck Island Road. Bluffton, SC 29910

Year Round Pool Executive Team (2)

Name Title Board Seat Contact Info

Frank Fotia IV President

Brian Sutton Chief Financial Officer.

Legal Name: FOTIA BROTHERS LLC

DBA Name: ON-SITE CONCRETE

Physical Address: 386 BUCK ISLAND ROAD. BLUFFTON, SC 29910.

Phone: (843) 757-3006

Mailing Address: 386 BUCK ISLAND ROAD. BLUFFTON, SC 29910

151 jobs retained???

Seems like a lot of people at year round pool company?

Loan Size: $1.46M

Jobs Retained: 151

Loan Approved: 2020-04-12

Loan Status: Paid in Full or Forgiven

Lender: TD Bank, National Association

Year Round Pool Co Inc in Bluffton, SC received a Paycheck Protection Loan of $1.46M through TD Bank, National Association, which was approved in April, 2020.

This loan's status is reported by the SBA as "Paid in Full", which includes both loans repaid and those fully forgiven from repayment under PPP guidelines. The loan's status was last updated by the SBA in June, 2021.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone for the great info. I guess I am going to learn a very expensive lesson. Never purchase from an on line store before:

1. Checking with the great people at TFP to see if they have any comments.
2. Seeing if they will answer a phone call and verify that they have the item in stock, and estimated delivery.

They have a slick looking web site that looks legit. I made a hasty purchase late at night because I was desperate and wanted a new SWG pronto.

I sent a email to try and cancel the purchase, but probably will not hear anything. Will have to go through paypal and my bank.
In the meantime, I purchased another IC60 through Polytec this morning. 1400 bucks, no tax and I get it Monday. Sigh. Thanks for that tidbit, Jim.

Haven't purchased LC for a while, and can't believe how expensive it has become.

Thanks again, everyone!

Gary

I've bought a few things from Polytec as well. Not always the cheapest (but still good prices), but like Jim said, when they say 'in stock' it is in stock and ships fast. They're in Vegas, so shipping to me usually only takes 2 days. They've been awesome. Highly recommend them.
I would recommend Polytec as well. Just purchased a Jandy AquaPure SWCG system from them plus some other items. delivered promptly.

Reactions: JamesW
I know, this is an old thread.

But for the sake of others reading this thread in future, just as I did years after the thread was created, I just want to say that I ordered the PLC 1400 SWG from thepoolguystore.com and they shipped it for free over UPS within 2 business days of placing the order. I received it 3 days later and all seems to be in order. So, I will definitely be buying from them again.

Please note, my approach with them was to reach out to them via email prior to placing the order, verify that there was someone at the other end, that they were responsive to my inquiry and that they indeed had the product in stock. They passed the check with flying colors: I sent the question one evening and had an answer in my inbox the next morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support