The smallest brown stains.

Hoots711

Silver Supporter
May 21, 2018
Souderton
Hey all, been a long summer, but we finally are wrapping up our project.

I have 4 or 5 tiny brown stains on my sunshelf that are most likely from landscaping taking 6 weeks to complete after water filling. I was brushing dirt/mud every day.

These stains are far from major, but I figure ill get them now if I can.

Can anyone recommend a method/product?

Im taking the picture through 12" of water so i highlighted the stain. It is brighter (more brown) than the picture shows.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Stain1.jpg
    Stain1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 140
How long have these spots been there? Since new? Or was the pool emptied to help with landscaping?

Pool was filled July 1, I feel like i noticed them a couple week after that. I was brushing so much dirt throughout the pool it was hard to tell what was permanent.

We had a 8"ish stain in the shallow end we saw right away, builder addressed it. We wernt home but i assume they acid washed it with a device.

I am not 100% certain however this looks similar to an issue we get in a quart finish. The actual cause is the coating has partially dried out and still been being worked (here). These are very mild compared to the ones we see. Easiest is to live with them.

Yeah, i could live with these. I'd prefer to remove or 'bleach to white' if possible though. I just don't want to do anything that will make it worse or damage the plaster.

Anyone have any ideas?

If it's dirt/leaves/other organics, the puck should get rid of it. If it's metal, ascorbic acid or muriatic acid (poured through a PVC pipe or tube onto the stain) should get rid of it.

Sometimes, however, the cure can be worse than the cause! If its a new pool, I'd ask the PB to come back and take care of it

I use a water bottle with a hole drilled into cap and squeeze acid underwater onto the little brown stains. Probably not as fast as the pvc pipe method but you can gradually burn it off and not risk over-burning. Put the cap hole right up against the stain when squeezing.

Put a puck on them for 3-5 minutes. If that doesn't work, try the same thing with crushed vitamin C tablets in a sock.

No luck with the puck. I had a half broken puck and scraped some chlorine over the dots and then put the puck on it for about 10 min. I didnt notice any change.

I use a water bottle with a hole drilled into cap and squeeze acid underwater onto the little brown stains. Probably not as fast as the pvc pipe method but you can gradually burn it off and not risk over-burning. Put the cap hole right up against the stain when squeezing.

Good idea, Ill give this a try tomorrow. Thank!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ya i would like to know also. how do u remove an organic stain then? i had multiple builders say it was fine with my finish. i have super blue diamond brite. i have done it 6-7 times so far and haven't noticed any issues?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.